Maybe these should be the official “Sandy” cookies, but not to worry! They do no harm. Maybe it’s the holiday season but it seems like everyone has been in the cookie spirit. Even when hurricane Sandy was hitting the east shores, cookies were on everyone’s prepare list.
#2. Captain Hall noticed that his cranberry bog spread wider when sand blew over them, so he started to use this technique and everyone copied him.
#3. Ocean Spray has over 793 bogs catering to them, and only 3% of them are dry.
#4. Cranberries have four air pouches and that’s why they float.
#5. Good cranberries bounce!
#6. Concord grapes, blueberries, and cranberries are the only fruits that trace their roots to North American soil.
1/2 lemon juice
1 cup (two sticks) butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp orange zest
2 cups oats
2 cups white chocolate chips
3. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar.
4. Add rest of the ingredients besides the chocolate chips, and cranberries.
5. Add white chocolate chips and cranberries.
7. Meanwhile, make the glaze; it should have a thin consistency.
8. Take cookies out, and brush on the glaze while warm.
They have been using the same cranberry separator since they opened in 1967!