It’s Superbowl Sunday and instead of “cooking” hotdogs, hamburgers, or chips, my friend who is kindly hosting this epic Sunday party assigned me to bring a vegetarian dish-Portalandia style. This recipe can be prepared and ready in 28 minutes beating Rachel Ray, and they can be garnished with a wide selection of sauces which makes them diverse and edible for all occasions. Go Patties!
1 Cup Quinoa
2 Cups Water
3 Spring Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1/3 Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Panko or your own Dried Bread Crumbs
A little bit of Salt and Pepper
1. Boil 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water. Add salt or some kind of stock to give it a little flavor.
2. Chop onion and spring onions finely. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use a food processor because it will create excess water.
3. Once the quinoa is cooked, let it cool for several minutes.
4. Mix; quinoa, onion, eggs, grated garlic, parmesan cheese, eggs, panko/bread crumbs, and last, put in the spring onions.
5. Roll up in 2″ diameter balls.
6. Pan fry using olive oil and when one side is brown, flip the them over. Once you flip them over, make sure you pat them down a little to sustain their shape.
7. This is when you can personalize your patty! I highly recommend the Miso Mayo, which can be purchased at Whole Foods. Saracha and Sweet and Sour sauce are always good compliments, too.